Downbelow offers the PADI Instructor Development Course IDC, which includes all the tools you require to qualify for training SCUBA divers in the classroom, confined water and open water.
The PADI Instructor Development Course IDC package consists of 3 courses:
- PADI Assistant Instructor Course AI;
- PADI Open Water SCUBA Instructor Course OWSI; and
- Emergency First Response Instructor EFRI;
Should you already hold any 1 of these certifications, we simply customise your Instructor training program accordingly.
The instructor development course will do exactly that: develop you into an instructor. Once you are ready, you will sit for the PADI Instructor Examination, a standardised 2-day evaluation of your abilities by PADI Instructor Examiners from PADI Asia Pacific.
Downbelow often provide the PADI Instructor Examination logistics, and are therefore in an excellent position to completely familiarise our IDC candidates with the examination environment.
Once you successfully complete the PADI Instuctor Examination in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, you will be a certified PADI Open Water SCUBA Instructor.
To equip yourself for immediate employment, we highly recommend that you enroll in one of our Professional SCUBA Diving Internships, which will prepare you invaluable experience with real students in our busy, hands-on PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Centre.
Our PADI IDC Package
Based on the positive experience of previous candidates, we encourage all prospective candidates to complete the eLearning PADI Dive Theory section even before the Instructor Development Course IDC.
The aim of the Instructor Development Course IDC Malaysia is to prepare you for the successful transfer of your skills and knowledge to others.
In the process you will learn about tools available to you as a PADI Instructor to help your teaching, including materials, tool and digital products that will outline the PADI Philosophy of Continuing Education and the full range of PADI programs.
Feedback throughout the entire, performance-based course will always let you know how you are progressing and what your proficiency level is. You will meet likeminded candidates and discover that team-work is a key element to the success of your Instructor Development Course IDC.
What will I need to start?
To gain entry into the our Instructor Development Course IDC Malaysia, you will need a few things:
- proof of your Open Water, Advanced, Rescue & Divemaster certifications;
- First Aid & CRP training within the last 24 months;
- a physician-signed Diving Medical Statement no older than 12 months;
- a minimum of 60 logged open water SCUBA dives;
- proof of deep, night & navigation diving experience;
Included with our Instructor Development Course IDC and Emergency First Response Course EFRI Course are all required materials.
Before the Instructor Examination IE, the candidate must:
- successfully complete the Instructor Development Course IDC;
- be a certified Emergency First Response Instructor EFRI;
- complete the Dive Theory exams;
- complete the non-stop 800m mask, fin & snorkel swim;
- show proof of a minimum 100 logged open water SCUBA dive;
Excluded from our Instructor Development Course IDC package are the feeds which are paid directly to PADI. They are:
- Instructor Examination IE Fee;
- Instructor Development Course IDC Application Fee;
- Emergency First Response Instructor EFRI Fee;
More detail on our PADI IDC Prices page…
Downbelow’s IDC Course Asia runs several times per year, so find the next Instructor Development Course IDC by checking our IDC Schedule.
There’s more info and images on our main site.
Contact us now for a customised Instructor Development Course Package or Internship.
Tel: +60 12 866 1935