In the PADI System of Diver Education, the PADI Divemaster program is the 1st step on the journey of exciting challenges and endless possibilities in the professional world of SCUBA diving.
A PADI Divemaster plans, organises and leads dives, supervises PADI Experience program participants, does PADI Skin Diver teaching and certification, conducts PADI SCUBA Reviews programs and enrolls in the PADI Instructor level training.
Every year our Instructor Development Course IDC team conducts numerous Instructor training courses in Kota Kinabalu, and it’s this team who you will be working with closely throughout your PADI Divemaster training, focussing on professionalism, leadership and diver supervision.
The PADI Divemaster course in Sabah, Borneo consists of 3 phases:
- Watermanship and skills assessment
- Accrue points for a passing grade with watermanship and stamina exercises;
- Demonstrate your quality diving skills by performing 20 skills from the Open Water Course;
- Knowledge Development
- Map a local open water site, draw up an emergency assistance plan for local diving emergencies, dive planning, dive management and control, supervising students in training, diving skills and the environment, diving physiology and diving physics;
- Practical Application
- Structured training sessions, simulated scenarios and actual PADI Program internships will provide various training activities to provide you with practical experience as instructional assistant and open water diving activity supervisor.
- You will earn a wall certificate and certification card for successfully completing your PADI Divemaster program, entitling you to PADI membership and benefits such as the purchase of professional liability insurance;
PADI Divemaster Prerequisites
The following are required to qualify for entry to and completion of our professional level PADI Divemaster training course in Sabah, Malaysia:
- Be a certified PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent);
- A minimum of 20 logged open water dives prior to entry into PADI Divemaster training;
- A minimum of 60 completed & logged open water dives with night, deep and navigation diving experience prior to certification as a PADI Divemaster;
- A minimum age of 18, good physical health for diving and submission of a medical exam form signed by a physician;
PADI Divemaster Course Duration
Although the PADI Divemaster course minimum duration is just 10 days, an internship in Borneo, Malaysia of 1 month or longer is of huge benefit to the participant.
Specifically for our Divemaster Internships, we provide discounted Kota Kinabalu city accommodation, with the bonus benefit of unlimited SCUBA Diving for the length of your internship.
Our PADI Divemaster Internship in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah also has the unique added benefits of dealing with real students (supervised by our qualified instructors, of course) and the chance to learn the ins-and-outs of our busy PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Centre.
Our PADI Divemaster internships in Borneo, Malaysia run throughout the entire year, so contact us now to submit your application.
Contact us now for a customised Instructor Development Course Package or Internship.
Tel: +60 12 866 1935