Today is the start of Big Shark Shout Out Week! It’s your chance to stand up and rally for sharks.
Collectively we have a loud voice that can change policies to manage the main shark threats: overfishing, bycatch and finning.
But talk is cheap, what actions can you take during Big Shark Shout Out week?
- Sign both the petitions for shark protection: Shark Alliance’s Unfinished Business and Project AWARE’s Give Sharks a Chance;
- Take the AWARE Shark Conservation Speciality course to get the knowledge and tools you need to perpetuate action for shark protection;
- Spread awareness with a PicBage showing your support for the cause and, while you’re there, invite your friends;
- Add the Shark Petition Widget to your website and ask people to use it to sign their name to the petition;
- If you have a Facebook page (not a profile, a page) then you can add the Take Action Now Facebook App as a tab to that page;
- Arrange a local Big Shark Shout Out event or fundraiser;
- Write a blog about Big Shark Shout Out Week and what action your readers can take to help sharks;